What is personal information?
Personal information includes any information or opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable from the information or opinion. For further information visit the Office of the Privacy Commissioner website at privacy.org.nz/.
What information do we collect automatically?
When you look at the SAE New Zealand website, our computers record your visit and log the following information for statistical purposes:
- the Internet Protocol address from which we receive the request
- the date and time our server received the request
- the pages, documents and files you requested
- the address of the resource which provided the link followed, if any, to the SAE New Zealand website
- the type of browser and, in some cases, the operating system used
- in some cases, data you send to our website from web forms (e.g. search terms).
What other information do we collect?
Some sections of our website may request general personal information about you, for example, if you request a brochure, or complete a survey. Such information includes your email and other contact details.
We may also collect information which you voluntarily disclose online (eg through Graduate Submissions, discussion boards, chat areas etc).
Some of the information SAE New Zealand collects may be sensitive information, such as details about your medical history, race or ethnic background, religion, political opinion, sexual preference or criminal record. You should not disclose information about yourself which you consider to be sensitive, unless you are comfortable sharing this information with us and other users. If you are worried about the sensitivity of information that you are posting online, please do not use these areas of the website.
Some sections of SAE New Zealand website use standard industry technologies, for example 'cookies', to make full use of the site.