By SAE AucklandSAE Auckland
Aotearoa Sync-Posium will educate and celebrate the exciting world of applying musical artistry to film, television, video games & commercials.
A TWO-DAY CONFERENCE featuring the world’s biggest industry leaders in Music made for the screens. Featuring over 15 panels, keynote speakers, breakout rooms, meet-ups and more.
- Serj Tankian (System of A Down Founder, Composer, Artist & Activist)
- Tami Neilson (Award Winning Singer/Songwriter)
- Bret McKenzie (Academy Award® Winner / Flight of the Conchords)
- Joel Little (Grammy® Winning Producer, Songwriter)
- Anton Monstead (Music Supervisor ELVIS, Head of Music Amazon Studios)
- Amos Newman (Sr. VP of Music at Fifth Season)
- Carol Dunn (Executive Producer, Human Worldwide)
- Karyn Rachtman (Music Supervisor)
- Mark Mothersbaugh (DEVO Founder, Composer) *remote speaker
- Steve Schnur (President of Music EA Games) *remote speaker
Further guests will be announced in the lead up to the event.
WHAT IS SYNC-POSIUM?
A conference that focuses on music for screens: film, television, commercials and video games. You will hear from local and global industry leaders, creators and executives as well as successful artists and composers who share their individual experience on the following panels:
- Concerts to composers – a talk with rock/pop stars about their journeys into becoming screen composers.
- Songwriters & Producers discuss the different approaches they take when writing for themselves versus writing for the screen.
- Listen; This Is How You Get Heard: studio heads and music supervisors explain how artists
and composers can get themselves noticed.
- The ins and outs on creating bespoke pieces for film and television.
- What’s The Difference? Television, film, video games and commercials.
- What’s The Deal? Licenses, work-made-for-hires, buy-outs, etc. A discussion on every kind of deal in creating and licensing music for the screen.
For all enquiries, reach out to Ella Glannaz: [email protected]