The city's art is strongly influenced by its unique identity based on Te Ao Maori, Pacific roots, natural and cultural heritage and cultural diversity.
The city also has a dynamic arts and cultural scene and is home to some of the country’s leading arts organisations. Auckland has produced many talented writers, film directors and performers as well as serving as the hub of publishing and creative media industries.
OUR HISTORY – SAE NEW ZEALAND
- 1989: SAE Auckland was opened in 18 Heather Street, Parnell, and was accredited by the Ministry of Education, allowing the first classes to start in 1990. This was followed shortly after by a Multimedia Producer Programme.
- 2002: the classrooms and offices moved into 10 Heather Street, allowing the studio facilities to expand.
- 2006: saw several programme changes, with the introduction of the Diploma in Film Making and the Certificate in Electronic Music Production, replacing the Diploma in Multimedia and Certificate in Studio Sound.
- 2007: SAE Auckland expanded again to make room for a growing number of students by moving the offices to 12 Heather Street.
- 2009: SAE Auckland was accredited as a degree granting institution and introduced the Bachelor of Recording Arts programme.
- 2011: SAE became part of Navitas, a leading global education provider.
- 2014: SAE Auckland gained degree accreditation for a 2nd degree, Bachelor of Film Arts.
- 2015: SAE Auckland received a Category 1 rating by NZQA in their External Evaluation and Review (EER) with a Highly Confident in Educational Performance and Highly Confident in Capability in Self-Assessment.
- 2016: SAE Auckland expanded facilities further, securing the lease of the basement at 18 Heather St and building a brand new film studio.
- 2018: After an extensive programme review, new diplomas and degrees were accredited in 3 disciplines areas: Audio Production, Music Production and Screen Production.
- 2018: A new department was formed, the Department of Music Production.
- 2019: 3 new degree and 3 new diplomas commence delivery including:
Bachelor of Audio Production
Diploma in Audio Production
Bachelor of Music Production
Diploma in Electronic Music Production
Bachelor of Screen Production
Diploma in Screen Production
- 2019: SAE Auckland is rated a Category 1 provider by NZQA in their External Evaluation and Review (EER) – the highest possible rating for a tertiary institute.
The consolidated expertise and resources of SAE and Navitas ensures our students have the skills and industry knowledge they need for a rewarding career in the entertainment and creative media industries.